Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SJ

When we found out we were expecting our second child I remember quietly hoping for a son. We had our precious girl (who's been a dream & a joy) and I thought it'd be fun to add a little rough & tumble to our family. When our dr confirmed that SJ was in fact a boy- I remember thinking "Nah. Too good to be true- he's mistaken". Seriously, I don't know why, but even in the hours leading up to my delivery I worried that they were wrong- that there happened to be a glitch on the monitor during every ultrasound. That it wasn't a... Ahem- weenie. (I'm still struggling with what to call it...)

As it turns out, it was a weenie (not a glitch) and we were blessed to bring home a little boy who has completed our family in so many ways. He turns two next month and lately that reality consumes me. In a good way.

He's at that age/place where he communicates with us like crazy- he WANTS to be heard! The grunting & pointing has given way to the forming of words & certainty about whether we've understood him or not. He's very good at letting us know when he feels misunderstood 😉.

He LOVES baseball. If you can hit it with a bat, he'll turn it into a baseball game. He has a good arm- or so I'm told. He has the deepest voice I've ever heard come out of a toddler- and it's loud. He's a snuggler & a kisser. He goes for the lips- like my great Aunt Vieda (eww). He loves his big sister & often runs to her for comfort if he's in trouble with us. She just eats it up 😉.

I'll leave you with some of my favorite SJ moments, as of late. I'm enjoying this journey as a boy mama for sure 😊.

1 comment: